Issues with "LoadAssemblyFrom()"

Oct 31, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Hey, Artem!

I'm sure it's something stupidly simple, but when I use LoadAssemblyFrom([my assembly filename]), I get an error that says the "system cannot find the file specified."  Is there some sort of configuration setting your plug-in needs that I'm missing?  I'm a longtime StructureMap user and, as my employer has an aversion to "open source" applications, I'm forced to use Unity for IOC.  Your AutoRegistration add-in looks great, but I'm unable to get it to work "out of the box", so to speak.  Do you have any suggestions?  Also, is there documentation forthcoming?  This is too good an add-in to let fall through the cracks for lack of documentation...

Thanks, 

Mike P

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Hi Mike,

LoadAssemblyFrom is a one line wrapper around BCL Assembly.LoadFrom Method http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1009fa28.aspx so you shouldn't really need any configuration settings, just valid absolute or relative assembly file path. I'd like to note that you don't have to call the method if assembly you'd like to scan is already loaded into current app domain.

High level documentation is missing, that's something I always wanted to write but never had enough time to. On the code level however the add-in has lots of useful comments covering around 100% of all public API.

Regards, Artem